A. If you have recently purchased a new SUMATOTEK Lithium-Ion Battery then we recommend you
- To service your vehicle for optimal tire pressure and no friction between the brakes and the wheels.
- In addition to this, you can also check your horn and light for any damages as they consume extra power when not in working condition.
- The wheels should be free to rotate by hand when power is switched off.
->Even after doing all the above, your mileage doesn’t improve then you must check
- If your charger is properly charging the battery to its fullest. All full charge voltages are mentioned in the product description. Please ensure the battery is charged to its fullest.
- Also, discharge the battery and check if the Lower CutOff Voltage falls within the same range as specified on the individual item description.
->Even after all these steps if your mileage doesn’t improve check the Stall Current consumption of the motor.
- Stall Current Consumption refers to the current consumed by the motor when there is no load i.e no one is sitting on the vehicle. The Current Value should within 5-7A for most vehicles or even lower for low-powered vehicles. If it is higher than 10A then your motor is consuming more power than required.
->Further, if your issues are not resolved then you can check
- If the battery pack is balanced i.e all rows are at the same voltage. If they are not balanced then the battery 🔋 will not deliver its maximum mileage. But if they are balanced then the issue might be elsewhere.
Finally the ultimate test would be to put the battery in a charging-discharging machine and check the Battery Capacity. If the Battery Capacity is within 90-100% of the rated value and the rows are balanced then the battery is ok and you should check or change the vehicle. If the battery capacity is less than 90% and the rows are unbalanced then you should send the battery for replacement in case of warranty.