A. If you have purchased a new SUMATATOTEK Lithium Battery and you have trouble starting your vehicle then there are a few steps you should follow. The steps may be different for a dealer or a customer.
- Check your battery carefully for any signs of physical damage due to transportation. If you find any visible signs of damage immediately inform a SUMATOTEK representative or your nearest point of purchase.
- Check the battery carefully for any signs of physical damage due to transportation. If there are any physical signs of damage , you must immediately follow these instructions.
- Assess the severity of the mechanical damage. Check the battery voltage on both the connectors. Insert a charger into the charging port and check if the battery is charging properly.
- If the battery is damaged severely, always ensure that the battery is safe from fire hazard. Open the battery while making a video, check if any BMS sensing wires are cut, any +ve or -ve wires are broken loose from their joints, all metallic areas are insulated and no cell should be puntured or physically damaged.
- If there are no signs of physical damage, check the battery voltage. If the battery shows voltage, then charge the battery via the charging connector. If the battery doesn’t charge or discharge then the BMS Connector might be loose. Read how to Fix a loose BMS Connector.